The Diago Little Smasher is an amazingly lively and dynamic guitar amp head squeezed into a pedal-sized enclosure. It’s ideal for small gigs, studio and home use, with more than enough volume to annoy the neighbours. It combines the responsive tone and immediate simplicity of the most sought after amps; with the compact size, reliability and volume control needed by today’s discerning guitar player.
Featuring Gain and Volume controls, along with a 2-band active EQ with a massive 15dB boost and 30dB cut available on both the Bass and Treble controls, the Little Smasher's four analogue modelled cascading gain stages provide a range of tones, from chimey clean to plexi-esque rock crunch. It's designed to work especially well with pedals up front if you need to push it further or want multiple channels.
Now, 5 watts of power may not sound like much, but the Little Smasher is a diminutive little beast that can easily drive a wide range of cabinets. It'll sound great with a 4x12", and it's also surprisingly loud - you'll have no problem annoying the neighbours with the Little Smasher.
The idea of having a portable amp in a pedal board (check out Diago's top-notch Gigman, Showman and Tourman pedalboard range at www.diago.co.uk
) alongside other effects is a great concept, and with the Little Smasher, Diago have conceived a real quality piece of kit.
• 5-Watt Portable Guitar Amp Head.
• Controls – Gain / Volume / Bass / Treble.
• Compact (600g – 120 x 43 x 86mm) – pedal-sized solution that can be velcroed to your pedal board.
• 4 to 16 ohms output impedance – can be used with any cabinet.
• 2-band active EQ – +15dB/-30dB, offering more tonal range than 3-band passive EQ.
• Powered on standard 9V DC @ 600mA.
• Very tough – 2mm fabricated carbon steel construction, durable and shock resistant.
• Includes – Little Smasher, power supply, manual, Velcro and rubber foot pad.