THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT
The purpose of this document is to inform all candidates how and why their personal data will be used in the context of the recruitment process.
The Company is the “data controller” in relation to the processing of your data. This means that The Company is responsible for deciding how the personal data is used, processed and held about you.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION THE COMPANY HOLD ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). The Company may collect and store the following categories of personal information about you during the recruitment process including:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone numbers, personal email addresses and personal website details.
- Contact details in case of an emergency during the recruitment process.
- Information to identify whether reasonable adjustments need to be made during the recruitment process.
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Details with regard to previous work history and remuneration.
- Details with regard to education and qualifications.
- Details with regard to relevant professional qualifications and training.
- Details with regard to an unspent criminal record.
- Traffic violations (if the position applied for involves driving as part of the duties).
The personal data you provided in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be processed for the purpose of the selection process of The Company and in connection with any subsequent employment, unless otherwise indicated.
You are under no obligation to provide data to The Company during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, The Company may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
The Company automatically receives and saves certain types of information whenever you interact with The Company’s website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website. The information The Company will automatically receive will include:
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
- Internet Protocol address (IP).
- Domain name from which you access the internet.
- Software details (browser) used to access the website page.
- Date and time the website page was visited.
RETENTION AND ERASURE OF RECRUITMENT DOCUMENTS
The Company retains personal information following the recruitment process to demonstrate, if required, that you have not been discriminated against on prohibited grounds and that the recruitment process is conducted in a fair and transparent way.
Information relating to successful candidates will be transferred to their employment record with The Company. This will be limited to that information necessary for the working relationship and, where applicable, that required by law.
Following the recruitment process, information in both paper and electronic form, will be held by the HR Department. Destruction of that information will take place in accordance with these guidelines.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The Company will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the position applied for.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in The Company’s legitimate interest to decide whether to appoint you to the position, as it would be beneficial to The Company to appoint someone to that position.
The Company also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
The Company having received your CV and/or Application for Employment form and/or covering letter, The Company will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the position. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If The Company invites you for an interview, The Company will use the information you provide to The Company at the interview to decide whether to offer you the position. If The Company decide to offer you the position or an alternative available position, The Company will then take up references and may carry out a criminal record check and/or carry out any other checks The Company deem appropriate before confirming your appointment.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
The information will only be shared by those individuals that are involved in the recruitment process and senior personnel of The Company.
Information will only be shared with third parties where there is a legitimate reason to do so, such as advertisement of job vacancies on third party websites and for obtaining employment references for which you have given your consent.
The Company has a separate Privacy and Data Retention Policy which you must adhere to if your application is successful. The data will then be moved to your personnel file.
The Company has put in place measures to protect the security of your information such as password protection, restricted access and staff training.
The Company has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, The Company limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The Company has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where The Company are legally required to do so.
DATA SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) data subjects have the right to:
- Access their personal data
- Rectify their personal data
- Have their personal data erased
- Restrict the processing of their personal data
- Receive and transmit their personal data (the right to portability)
- Object to the processing of their personal data
- Not be subject to automated decision-making
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Privacy Manager, details of which are shown below.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
The Company reserve the right to update this Recruitment Data Privacy Notice at any time.
DATA PRIVACY MANAGER